Since the beginning (2019), I've aimed for simple and eco-conscious packaging supplies. Presentation is important to me but I value thinking about where the packaging waste will go after an order is received.
I use the following for my packaging
- Kraft Paper: is made from virgin wood pulp and 100% biodegradable.
- EcoClear Bags: made from 100% compostable materials and also FDA approved.
- Washi Tape: made from rice paper/ natural fibers; biodegradable.
- Ecoenclose Cello Tape: from plant-derived cellulose which is renewable and compostable.
- Crescent Matboard: is 100% paper made from wood and cotton pulp. I collect the scrap cuts from our local framing gallery to protect and sandwich my jewelry orders.
- Re-Use Bubble Wrap: Jewelry is fragile and needs some cushion for transit. I keep all the bubble wrap from materials I order for my jewelry making, cut them into strips and wrap up my jewelry orders.
- Thermal Label Printer: for all shipping labels. Thermal printers use less energy than ink printers and use zero ink cartridges, so ZERO WASTE :)